Costume Information & Parade/Performance Attire/Hair Requirements
Please store your costume carefully, to prevent damage. The sequins will snag other material if they touch. If you plan on staying after a performance, you MUST bring clothes to change into or to place over top of your costume. Please be very careful not to get anything spilled on your costume. It will be very difficult to order a replacement costume if yours gets ruined, and no one will be allowed to perform in a damaged costume. See below for care instructions.
*If wearing a bra w/uniform: MUST be flesh-colored & must not show-Strapless bras can work or bra cups can be carefully sewn or glued in place inside the costume-please see Kim for more info.
CARE OF COSTUMES:
1) Dance tights need to be hand washed separately in cold water (the color will run-not just the first time) and hung to dry-care instructions on package.
2) It is best to spot clean costumes, however, if you are going to fully clean them, they need to be carefully cleaned according to the directions on the label.
3) Never put the costumes in the dryer!! It will ruin the sequins!
4) Hot iron will also ruin the costume!! Use a cool iron, separated by a thin towel, if needed.
5) If the rhinestones or sequins touch other costume material, they will snag. So…don’t roll it over, fold it up, or throw it in a bag!
***ALL COSTUMES ARE TO BE CLEAN AND WRINKLE-FREE FOR ALL PARADES AND PERFORMANCES!!! SHOES & BATONS MUST ALSO BE CLEAN.
Complete attire for all parades/performances is as follows:
1) White leather keds-type shoes with white shoelaces. (Both must be CLEAN).
2) White ruffle socks (no pantyhose or tights)
3) Matching hair accessory
***Hair is to be styled in a high ponytail with the matching bow in front of the ponytail.
SILVER TEAM & GOLD TEAM:
1) Tan twirling shoes. (must be CLEAN).
2) Dance tights (must have no runners or holes)
4) Matching hair accessory (placed on left side of head)
***Hair is to be styled in a BUN-at the crown of your head & secured with plenty of gel, bobby pins, & hair spray. Use bobby pins (same color as hair to smooth back any fly-away pieces of hair)
1) For parades: Parade costume, dance tights, tan twirling shoes, rhinestone earrings & hairpins,and hair styled in a Left-side part with right twist bun (same as competitions), with competition make-up applied more lightly.
1) 1) For parades: Parade costume, dance tights, tan twirling shoes, and hair styled in a Left-side part with right twist bun (same as competitions), with competition make-up applied more lightly.
BOTH COMPETITIVE TEAMS: For performances: Both competitive costumes with hair styled same as competitions for each routine.